Friday, December 2, 2016

It's Gonna Be Alright

I'm a "words" person. I write. I consult. I talk and laugh and argue over inordinate amounts of coffee. I've finally settled into a place where I even get paid occasionally to ask the kinds of questions and engage in the kinds of conversations that used to get me fired. Words and the relationships that spring from them are my platform and my stock in trade. Ideas and strategies and direction and vision and hope. Sometimes though, the things we really want to say can't really be said.  Words alone can't adequately express them. That's why we have art.

Art lives in that other side of our brains. It scratches at our neatly addressed envelopes howling to get out. It longs to take on giants, with nothing but a sling shot and a handful of rocks. It rises up in defense of unrecognized truth and beauty, riding out like an eccentric knight into the countryside to scatter sheep and tilt at blind windmills of fear and control.

Art sees what others don't, and lives and speaks with the heart.

So today I want to share a little of my own heart and hope it speaks some of what mere words fail to express. Things aren't always as they seem.

"It's Gonna Be Alright..."


No comments:

Post a Comment